San Diego California RFA appeals | San Diego California Resource Family Approval Program
RFA is a new family-friendly and child-centered caregiver approval process that combines elements of the current foster parent licensing, relative approval, and approvals for adoption and guardianship processes and replaces those processes. RFA:
- Is streamlined and eliminates the duplication of existing processes.
- Unifies approval standards for all caregivers, regardless of the child’s case plan.
- Includes a comprehensive psychosocial assessment, home environment check, and training for all families, including relatives.
- Prepares families to better meet the needs of vulnerable children in the foster care system.
- Allows seamless transition to permanency.
Resource Family Approval Video
Kim Wrigley, LCSW, Resource Family Approval Manager, California Department of Social Services | Jennifer Rodriguez, Youth Law Center Marlene Telegadas, Administrator Manager 1, Orange County, CA | Rosario Olmedo, LCSW, Resource Family Approval Supervisor, Ventura County, CA