Juvenile Dependency Court Hearing begins with the child being removed from their parent or guardian due to abuse or because of neglect.

If your child is placed into protective custody, consequently allowing law enforcement to detain your child for up to 72 hours.

If your child is taken into protective custody for 72 hours in Juvenile Dependency Court.  A designated law officer will attempt to notify you if you are available.

If your child is determined to not be in any immediate danger due to neglect or abuse.  Then your child may be allowed to return home.

In contrast if your child is taken into protective custody because there is immediate danger or because there is sign of neglect.

You will have to connect with a social worker in Juvenile Dependency Court.

Furthermore, there will be an investigation to determine your child can safely return home.

As a result your child  gains immediate protection, allowing law enforcement even more time to investigate your home.

Role of The Social Worker

The role of the social worker in Juvenile Dependency Court is critical because they can decide if your child is at risk of abuse or neglect.

Resulting in your child being safely released to you or your child can be held in protective custody.

As a result if your child is released to you, there will be no Juvenile Dependency Court action taken.

Rather you will need to sign a Family Maintenance Agreement because of the you or your child’s guardian action.

In addition if you follow through with the written agreement for six months, there will be no action.

In contrast if there is another report due to abuse or because of neglect towards your child. Or you do not follow through on the approved agreement.

Your child almost likely will be removed from the home.

In conclusion a Petition may be filed to juvenile court.

Initial Hearing Detention

First of all if your child was removed from your home due to abuse or neglect.

This will result in the Initial Hearing Detention in Juvenile Dependency Court.  A “first hearing” will be granted.

The first hearing advises parties of the:

  • Allegations
  • Appoint counsel
  • Set a future second hearing.

You will need to have a petition because a report will be provided by your attorney.

Consequently if a private attorney has a copy of the petition, they will file it with the Department of Health and Human Services.

In contrast if you do not have an attorney due to any reason, another judge will ask if they want an appointed attorney to represent them.

As a result a separate attorney represents your child.

Similarly the first hearing is crucial because it sets the stage for your child’s future for a good home.

What Can I Do For You?

Juvenile Dependency Court is a very serious and sensitive issue.

So much so I have dedicated my life and firm to this practice.

In conclusion, if you are about to experience a Juvenile Dependency Court case.

Contact me now.

Juvenile Dependency Calming Green Field With Creek